January 1st to 28th:
Think Twice Texas Campaign in Dallas, Tarrant and Denton Counties
- Deter the buying of children for sex
- Cultivate community awareness that children are bought for sex in our cities
- Leverage today’s heightened cultural conversation about sexual harassment/assault to conflate buying of sex as YET another form of illegal use of power. Paying for it doesn’t lessen the societal outrage – buyers of children for sex are child molesters.
- Primary: Buyers of sex with children
- Secondary: General public
- Digital outdoor billboards (17 in Dallas County, 7 in Tarrant County, 2 in Denton County)
- Website at thinktwicetexas.org
- Social media via DA, PD, NGO channels
External Key Messages:
- Children being sold for sex were lured with false promises of love, attention, tattoos or drugs by their trafficker/pimp.
- These pimps control children through threats, isolation, violence, sexual and emotional abuse, malnourishment and drugs.
- The pimp keeps all the money. The child keeps nothing.
- Buying children for sex is illegal.
- Buyers of children for sex can face felony charges for human trafficking. They can become a registered sex offender.
- There is help and hope for sex addicts. Get help now.
Community Deterrence Campaign Team
(formed at SMU Embrey Human Rights Symposium on September 14, 2017)
- Katie Jahangiri, Concerned Citizen
- Theresa Lim, Concerned Citizen
- Brandy Lindsey, Concerned Citizen
- Cathy Brock, High Risk Victims Task Force
- Emily Freeborn, Children at Risk
- Carmen P. White, former Administrative Prosecutor, Dallas County DA’s Office
- George Lynch, CEO, Traffick911