The Voice & Choice survivor empowerment program is Traffick911's unique response to child sex trafficking victims. Having worked in the field of sex trafficking since 2009 and getting to know and love survivors in their different phases of restoration, we have learned the hard way - You can’t force healing on anyone. Pressuring someone to believe they are “worth the journey to healing” doesn’t work. What works is meeting them right where they are and empowering them to choose healing for themselves. Day after day, month after month, year after year.
Our Voice & Choice Advocates walk alongside survivors and their families with an experienced trauma-informed lens, ultimately giving survivors back their voice and their choice while pointing them toward healthy living. The Voice & Choice program is a survivor-informed, evidenced-based program that has begun to change the trajectory of survivor's lives.
Relationship is the intervention.
When a survivor gets a Voice & Choice Advocate (VCA), they gain a friend. The VCA’s goal, first and foremost is to build a trust-based relationship.
Advocacy • Case Management • Services
- Regular face-to-face meetings
- Safety planning
- Goal setting, providing incentives as goals are reached
- Attending court proceedings, if applicable
- Survivor-led support groups
- Hosting birthday parties, GED/diploma graduation parties, milestone celebrations
- Advocating for and recommending specialized services; we have a nation-wide network of partners offering trafficking-specific services and residential programs
- Working with the child and family throughout placement and in between placements
- Educating the guardian(s) and case workers/probation officers on the effects of child sex trafficking and the intense trauma that the child has endured
- Advocates participate in regional multi-disciplinary teams in order to provide wrap-around services and support
Traffick911 provides 24/7 crisis response to law enforcement and first responders. A Voice & Choice Advocate is dispatched immediately to meet with the victim, accompany them to emergency medical treatment, ensure food, clothing, emergency shelter, and connection with any other support needed is provided. Voice & Choice advocates continue to respond to urgent and emergent needs of clients as they arise.
- Referrals -
The Voice & Choice program serves child sex trafficking victims in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Due to capacity, currently we prioritize Dallas and Tarrant County law enforcement referrals. For questions about referrals, please call 817.575.9923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility: We serve child sex trafficking victims ages 12-24, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. Services are offered at no charge. We continue to serve clients into their adult years.